1 tbsp olive oil
80g smoked bacon or pancetta, chopped into lardons
250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
50ml white wine
50ml chicken stock
120ml cream, at room temperature
120ml milk, at room temperature
Fresh parsley, chopped
60g Parmesan, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Rinse the pasta under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the lardons for 3-4 minutes until light golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan over a medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Turn the heat to high and add the white wine. Bubble for 1-2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until reduced by half. Turn the heat to low.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream and milk. Stir to incorporate, then return to the low heat and allow to thicken for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Stir in the parsley and Parmesan, allowing the cheese to melt into the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat, adding a splash or two of cooking water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with extra Parmesan and parsley.
501kcals, 19.4g fat (6.9g saturated), 54.6g carbs, 3.3g sugars, 25.7g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.593g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Add sliced chicken fillets for extra protein or use whole wheat pasta to boost the fibre content.