Makes 10 rounds
3 eggs, separated
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp honey
4 tbsp soft cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar and honey. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy with stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks and cream cheese. Beat until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture, being very careful to not overmix.
- Using a spoon, drop the mixture onto the baking tray, keeping the dollops as uniform as possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are a light golden brown, being careful to not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
39kcals, 2.7g fat (1.3g saturated), 2g carbs, 1.8g sugars, 2g protein, 0g fibre, 0.03g sodium