3 tbsp olive oil
450g beef mince
2 tbsp tomato purée
800ml tomato passata
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sugar
Salt and black pepper
120g Mozzarella, grated
Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Brown the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink parts remain. Drain away and discard any fat.
- Stir in the tomato purée, passata, tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, sugar, remaining olive oil and some salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pasta, stirring well to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and transfer the spaghetti mixture into the dish. Top with the Mozzarella, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with garlic bread.
Per serving: 728kcals, 25.4g fat (7.8g saturated), 68.7g carbs, 13.4g sugars, 56.8g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.331g sodium