1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
4 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
40g fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp lime zest
60ml olive oil, plus extra for grilling
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken legs and 4 chicken thighs
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, chilli flakes, oregano, coriander, lime zest and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the barbecue tor a medium heat. Brush the grill rack with oil. Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper and season well.
- Place the chicken on the barbecue, skin-side down. Cook for 30-35 minutes, turning every 7-8 minutes, until the skin is crisp and browned and no pink flesh remains.
- Five minutes before the chicken is done, baste with 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Pour half of the remaining dressing onto a platter and place the chicken, skin-side up, on top. Pour the rest of the dressing over the chicken and allow it to rest for 10 minutes to absorb the flavours. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the chicken.
Per Serving: 540kcal, 30.2g fat (6.4g saturated), 5.6g carbs (0.6g sugars), 61g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.223g sodium