This allergy-friendly treat is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free, so is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 180ml soy/almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 4 slices of gluten-free bread
To serve: Maple syrup
- Combine the apples, sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat and simmer for five minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cinnamon, cover, and set aside.
- Whisk the mashed banana, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Dip the bread into the mixture and place in the pan. Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with the cinnamon apples and eat immediately.
Per serving: 496 kcals, 11.8g fat (7.1g saturated), 98.6g carbs, 42.7g sugars, 5.7g protein, 10.3g fibre, 0.684g sodium