Serves 4 - 6
For the sauce:
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ x 400g tin of black, pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
For the tortilla topping:
- Cooking spray
- 2 small tortillas, cut into 1cm-wide strips
- Salt, to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 90g Cheddar, grated
- 100g sour cream
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Handful of fresh coriander. chopped
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8. Combine the chilli, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Season the sauce and pour into an ovenproof pan. Stir in the beans, bring to a simmer over a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a baking tray with cooking spray. Spread the tortilla strips in a single layer on the baking tray and spray them too. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 5-6 minutes, tossing once or twice, until golden brown and crisp.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove the pan from the heat. Carefully crack the eggs over the surface of the sauce, spacing them as evenly as possible. Return the pan to the heat, cover with a lid and let the eggs cook gently in the sauce for 10-12 minutes, until the whites are partially but not completely opaque.
- Turn the grill on to high. Sprinkle the cheese over the top over the eggs and place the pan under the grill for 34- minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbling and the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the pan from the oven, top with dollops of sour cream and squeeze over the lime juice. Sprinkle with the tortilla strips and some coriander and serve immediately.
Per serving: 422kcals, 15.2g fat (6.7g saturated), 44g carbs, 5.3g sugars, 28.9g protein, 10g fibre, 0.276g sodium