Sautéed potatoes are a lovely addition to any meal. If you fancy something more adventurous, then these sautéed potatoes with chorizo, rosemary and onions may just hit the spot!
- Scrub small, waxy potatoes clean. Place in a pan of well-salted cold water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes (depending on size) until just barely tender. Drain very well, then return to the hot pan to steam dry for 30-45 seconds.
- When cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes ½cm thick. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer — it might be necessary to work in batches. Season and leave to cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Use a pair of tongs to flip them over and cook on the other side.
- When all of the potato slices have been sautéed, return them all to the pan. Add 1 crushed garlic clove and a large knob of butter and toss to coat the potatoes in the butter as it melts.
- Drain briefly on kitchen paper, then scatter with your favourite fresh herbs and serve immediately while hot.
Cube the potatoes instead of slicing, then brown on all slides.