As you know, the Easy Food test kitchen is always on the look-out for tips and tricks to make your life easier and your food tastier. Here’s a few we’ve picked up recently…
- Allow some butter to soften to room temperature. Mix in chopped fresh parsley and crushed garlic cloves. Keep the garlic butter in the fridge or freezer. Use as needed to cook steaks or stuff chicken Kiev, or spread on baguettes, wrap in tin foil and bake for 10 minutes for delicious garlic bread.
- Sprinkle leftover pistachios over a salad, or whizz together with fresh herbs, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to make a simple sauce for chicken, fish, lamb chops or steak.
- Stir leftover lemon curd into some natural yoghurt for an easy, creamy dessert or breakfast, or mix with smashed meringues, blueberries and leftover cream for a lemony take on Eton mess.
- Spread celery stalks with peanut butter for a quick, healthy snack. Top with raisins to make ‘ants on a log’!
- Fry chestnut mushrooms in a little butter and add salt, pepper and thyme. Stir in a small splash of cream — just enough to coat the mushrooms — and pile on toast for a decadent breakfast.