Siúcra‘s festive recipe of the day: these cranberry margaritas are sure to get the party started.
Makes 4, plus extra syrup
For the sugared cranberries and cranberry syrup (this will make extra syrup for another use):
200g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
300g cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
200g Siúcra Caster Sugar
For the margaritas:
Strips of lime and orange zest
50g cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
2 tbsp Siúcra Demerara Brown Sugar
120ml orange juice
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp orange liqueur
1. Combine the Siúcra Granulated Sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep bubbling until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the cranberries, weighing them down with a plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can leave this up to two days for a fuller flavour.
3. Drain the cranberries, reserving the syrup. Spread the Siúcra Caster Sugar onto a tray and add the cranberries, stirring to coat.
4. Refrigerate the cranberries, uncovered, for at least one hour, then toss them again in the caster sugar.
5. Add the lime and orange zests to a cocktail shaker with the fresh cranberries, Siúcra Demerara Brown Sugar and 60ml of the cranberry syrup. Shake to combine well.
6. Add the tequila, orange juice, lime juice, orange liqueur and some ice. Shake again to combine.
7. Strain the margarita mixture into four glasses. Top with sugared cranberries to serve.