We love this light pancake recipe sent in to us by Irish Food Stylist Nikki Walsh…
Nikki’s light pancake recipe
350g plain flour
5 large eggs
150ml soda water
425g forest fruits of your choice
50g icing sugar
- Melt the butter, add the icing sugar and allow to dissolve. Add the fruit and cook gently for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the eggs lightly. Add to the flour gradually, whisking all the time.
- Whisk in the milk gradually. You need to mix with speed to avoid lumps. If you’re left with some lumps, pour the push the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Cover and allow to rest for an hour before cooking.
- Just before cooking, add the soda water and stir gently.
- With a pancake or stainless steel pan melt a knob of butter. Wait till it sizzles and add a ladle of batter. Cook for about a minute on both sides making sure its brown.
- Place on a plate, pour some fruit over and devour!
Having spent many years creating delicious food for parties, teaching and restaurants, Nikki Walsh has taken her skills to the next level. Food styling is the way Nikki shows off as a chef, to create the most beautiful food in many different styles. Making food look remarkable for magazines, books, TV or online ads, or packaging for ready made meals is a passion of Nikki’s, as we eat first with our eyes.